Thursday, December 8, 2011

Meditate On This!

Just curious, how would you, being a Lactavist, Lactation Consultant or breastfeeding advocate, approach this woman if she was talking to you?


"[Th]is sooo random today. Soooo, while doing pre-registration for Labor & Delivery, I changed my mind (again) about breast-feeding. I'm not gonna do it. The nurse looked at me like she was mad. I almost let the B-word fly...um, are you gonna have a baby hanging off YOUR booby, ma'am? Um, no. Gee to the whiz....that's cool...i also have 3 very active boys and all the stuff they do...they were all formula fed and havent really had major health issues. I agree it's probably better...there are just a lot of dynamics involved that made me choose what i feel is the right thing for my baby. Kudos to those that can & do breastfeed tho :)"

This is an actual quote, by the way, I got from the internet.  It is definitely something to meditate about and think about how you would respond.  Hmmm...


EDUCATION, EMPOWERMENT & ENLIGHTENMENT!

1 comment:

  1. My job is to inform and encourage. I believe in women...that they are smart and capable of making decisions that work for them and their family. If she is informed, she is the one most qualified to choose.

    ReplyDelete